Friday, April 8, 2011

Your call is important to us ...

... Please continue to hold ...

Actually I'm not surprised that it's taking a little while to hear back about the offer. 

First the broker has to get it to the seller.  That should have been done already. 

Then the seller has to come to after passing out because
    a) he actually got an offer on the property, and
    b) the amount that I offered. 

Once the seller collects himself, he has to come up with a counter offer and tell the broker, who will tell the realtor, who will in turn tell us.

And the realtor is away at a conference until at least the weekend.

I am eager to find out the seller’s bottom line so we can get this process rolling.  But at the same time having a delay on their end is good for me because I am depending on my Federal tax refund to cover some incidental costs like, oh, hiring a home inspector, paying the lawyer and title company, other closing costs…  You know, minor things like that.  It hasn’t arrived yet.

And the .gov may shut down at midnight tonight.  * eyeroll *

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the seller really does not want to sell---or is greedy and is holding out for more $$$$?

HerrBGone said...

Not really. These things just take time. He will need enough to clear the mortgage and I already know my offer won't do it. I need to know his true bottom line. We'll get there - in time...