Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Not wanting to just sit around twiddling my thumbs...

Now that I'm fairly satisfied with the floor plans I've drawn* my focus has shifted to designing things like business cards and return address labels.  I finally got around to loading some software that I picked up on the cheap (do you hear birds?) at the used book store over on Daniel Webster Highway.  It's an old copy of Microsoft Publisher 2000.  Up until now I had been fighting with MS Word for this type of project.  Being able to move chunks of text all around however I want is fantabulous!  And it has built in templates that work with commercially available card stock, labels and such!  This opens up so many possibilities that I could get lost for a week playing with my new toy!

Hmm...  I wonder if it has CafePress compatible templates? 
[ HerrBGone's eyes light up and say TILT! ]


* What I have is based on a very poor quality scan of a badly revised old plan that was probably done for the county many years ago, as well as my own recollection from the viewing and the few photographs I have.  It's a given that my drawing will need extensive revision once more information becomes available.

No comments: