Sunday, April 3, 2011

Signs of Spring

Today was opening day at the flea market in Hollis New Hampshire.  Sort of…  The April Fools Day snow storm threw everybody off this weekend.  Two of the three fields decided to postpone opening until next weekend – even though they hadn’t changed the dates on their signs.  The one field that did open only had about ten venders.

We stopped at the first yard sale of the year on our way to the flea market.  Mum got a couple more cookbooks.  I picked up a box of over-wire style mason jars.  There’s one pint size and several 2-quart.  There was one of the larger size jars on a table at the flea, but I didn’t bother to find out what they were asking for it.  I paid $2.50 for the whole box that I already had in the car.

And our family added a new member at the yard sale.  There is a new Vermont Teddy in the family – and he’s a Wizard!


The one disappointing thing about today’s fun and frivolity was that some friends of ours that we were hoping to meet up with at the flea went elsewhere when they heard that the field they usually set up on was not going to open today after all.  I had brought along the floor plans that I mentioned a couple of posts ago so I could show them.  Well, maybe next week…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shucks---sorry bout that----next week for sure---and lunch afterward!

HerrBGone said...

Lunch sounds good! By then I should know more about the offer...