Monday, April 4, 2011

Please leave a message after the tone…

The realtor finally returned my call this evening and we had a nice, long, conversation.  In it we discussed several creative ways to put this deal together.  I think she’s reassured that I’m not just an idle tire kicker.  (I could kick my car right at the moment, but I’ve already written about that at length…)  I’ll be getting a fax out to her this evening and a more detailed letter about the other ideas we discussed tomorrow evening.  So some progress is being made.

I gleaned from this evening’s conversation that the ‘other couple that was interested’ has withdrawn their offer.  I think this was the couple that wanted to turn the old jail into a tea room.  I don’t blame them for taking their idea to another property.  I really don’t see how that could work here.

Supposedly there is another buyer who might be interested.  I don’t know if that’s just being put out there in an effort to give me a sense of urgency to get my offer in first.  I hasten to point out that they already have my check for the earnest money in hand…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Getting closer----inch by inch!