Tuesday, June 28, 2011

One Pager

One of the things that one of my favorite authors, Robert Shemin, recommends is to write up a personal business plan.  His is all of one page long.  He calls it his One Pager.  I’m openly swiping that phrase for mine, though the title on the page is The Master Plan.

I had been thinking about this for quite some time and finally sat down and wrote it out in detail.  Actually I was working on it at lunch yesterday much as I am writing this today.  It was up on my screen when my boss comes along, plunks himself down in my guest chair and asks “Whatcha got going?”  I told him about the actual work I was working on and that I’d switch back to that after lunch.  I don’t know how good a look he got, but my one pager was almost finished…

Anyway, I included that in the fax I mentioned in my last post to try to give the lender a sense that I have a defined plan that includes a time-line for getting myself out of the mess that becomes apparent when you examine my financial statement.

I hope it helps!

In any event, I now have the plan.  I know what my next steps need to be and what to do after that.  I just need a little OPM (that’s Other People’s Money) to get me started along the path.

No comments: