Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Another Step Taken

Last night I faxed in the application for my first ever commercial mortgage.  (At 2:00 very AM this morning, actually…)  It was so humid that my fax was trying to take the pages 3 at a time.  I had to feed each sheet individually by hand to keep it from jamming.  Talk about a pain! 

But the problems with the fax machine were nothing compared to the effort of compiling the data to fill out the forms. 

Actually, the application itself wasn’t bad at all.  The problem I had was pulling together everything I needed to fill out a full fledged personal financial statement.  I already have one, but it’s based on the form in Robert Kiyosaki’s game Cashflow 101 that I fleshed out into an Excel spreadsheet.  It turns out that form is somewhat simplified in order to make game play flow along more smoothly.  Having that grounding in the process, I was at least somewhat prepared to “do it for real.” 

I’d hate to think what it must be like for someone who’s never even thought about personal financial statements before!

So the fax is off to one of the banks that my buyer’s agent recommended.  Hopefully we will be adding them to our team.

No comments: